Saturday, January 3, 2009

Back to work...

After a brief (ever so BRIEF) pause for the Christmas holiday, I've gotten back to the studio. It was good to step away for several days. It also gave my husband a day to do a massive clean up in the studio space we share! He also made me custom "kiln" furniture from ceramic that greatly improves the reliability of my oven temperature without me standing right in front of it for 30 mins. Also, I was lax in ordering more supplies and a bit surprised by the number of sales in December and so I completely ran out of some things.

Well gosh, I sounds pretty pitiful. Can't clean my studio myself. Forgot to order supplies. I better show you what I am working on.

New bracelets! This is a antiqued, sterling plated 7" bracelet with polymer set in each bezel.


Another bracelet in progress, below. I bought a bunch of these glass beads from my local Potomac Bead Company and I think I'll be going back for more. They look like something that was removed from an archeological dig. I'm still undecided on the polymer accent bead.


These small earrings are a great way to work through new concepts in miniature. I practice inlay, layering, shading and creating texture while making tiny square and round posts. Thanks to soft morning sun, I was able to take a lot of photos this morning and these will all be posted within the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment