Friday, May 28, 2010

Magnum Opus and Free Shipping

For the past several weeks I've been focused heavily on my kids. We are winding down our school year finishing research papers, web design projects and that very last unit in the math book. I have observed that math becomes increasingly difficult as the weather outside improves.

I can end up feeling creatively foggy during this process. There isn't time or energy left at the end of the day for my artwork. Work begets work apparently and I only have new ideas when I am also actively creating. You can see where I go from here..."I will never have a good idea EVER again! Waaaaah!"


(Driving on a Friday Evening by my daughter, Ema)

I checked out my daughter's new blog the other day. Have I foolishly been stumbling over my own magnum opus? The raising of children is such a large creative endeavor that its hard to see the beginning and the end all at once.

Nothing changed - except my attitude. But that's made all the difference.


(All photos above are my daughter's. She just shot her second wedding. When I was seventeen I babysat to make money!)

To everything there is a season. I'm looking forward to getting into the studio again soon with the energy of the accomplishments of our school year at my back and a long summer ahead.

In celebration - FREE shipping through May 31.





2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I don't know how you do it. Don't laugh, I am literally full of awe at your acomplishment, because from September to June I push my two out the door for almost 8 hours and seem to have incredible difficulty with the smallest tasks. Have a joyously focused summer and keep in touch...the focus is on you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and shapes in this bracelet.

    ReplyDelete