Thursday, February 19, 2009

Understanding Inspiration

Just thought I would post some new work before it hits the Etsy shop. I have been giving a grey and black pair of these a test drive. The are so light weight but hang nicely and stay on securely.


I recently ordered some lovely handmade script beads from Field and Sea on Etsy. I was enamored with them straightaway but wasn't...quite sure...where to...go with them. I finally decided I would just go ahead and buy them with confidence that inspiration will arrive when they do!

I have come to the conclusion that if I am able to make pieces that look like they are ancient or at least old, unearthed at some archaeological dig, I am relatively happy. And if my husband can take photographs of abandon buildings, with a possible bit of trespassing, he is extremely happy. We are well suited for one another.

His photos below were taken on the island of Saint Helena in the South Atlantic, June 2008. This is the lovely Georgian mansion, Teutonic Hall, which now stands crumbling. Shame.



No comments:

Post a Comment