Monday, March 28, 2011

Stopped me in my tracks

I find myself increasingly interested in closures and clasps (maybe because I struggle with them). These necklaces from Vladimír Rozkovec really got my wheels turning.


I love how the clasp works but especially that it is completely integrated into the focal pendant - nothing is an after thought here.


Aren't they fantastic? Couldn't you see this idea of closure translating to polymer clay?

Vladimír has an Etsy shop where you can enjoy more of his sculptural leather work.

3 comments:

  1. Wowie! He sure is inventive and has very nice work. That can't help but make you think about relating it to polymer clay in some way. There are so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fabulous and i definitely can see you adapting the design to polymer clay... will be awaiting your experiments with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous and inventive work! It definitely gets the wheels turning. Not that yours are rusty!

    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete