Sunday, February 28, 2010

Countdown

Seven days until my "meet the artist" day at the PA State Museum. I am feeling under the weather probably because I have been working like crazy and haven't gotten the rest I need.


Here is a look at some of the pieces I delivered to The Radius Gallery on Friday .


I am still a bit nervous about having to demonstrate. I'll spend time this week researching the history of polymer because I want to be able to talk intelligently about the material. Anybody have some advice about good online sources?


7 comments:

  1. try to get some rest and best luck to you! your demonstration will be wonderful... i have to say, i am a fan of all of your work, but the carved pieces are fabulous... when the show is over and there are some in the shop, you've got a buyer!
    take care -

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful!
    How about Wikipedia for some history?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_clay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I'd be nervous too, but you'll do great. You are a very engaging person to listen to... :^)

    What a great opportunity to educate people on a medium that is often misunderstood and under-appreciated.

    Love the new carved rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful new pieces - I love the carved rings! I'm sure you'll do really well at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such richness and wealth (artistically speaking) in one blog post. You will do so well and then you can relax a little...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing so well!! This is really great to see - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! You're very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete