Friday, November 20, 2009

Feathers Finished

I had a very productive afternoon yesterday! Ah! Productivity! Maybe I am a workaholic.

In addition to starting some other projects (rings and a big necklace) I finished my feather ornaments. They started as icicles - they morphed in feathers. What can I tell you? These things happen.



They are white and silver polymer, textured, cut individually, cured, distress with acrylic and then heat set. I decided to carve the sides as an after thought and I'm happy with the results. I REALLY enjoyed the carving!



This is the first batch. I might change the hooks so that they can slip over branches and hang straight on with no additional tree hook necessary. And I might try some bright colors that would stand out against the green of a tree. My daughter wants one as a pendant so that might happen too.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! They certainly would make lovely necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh! I thought they were pendants until I started reading. What a unique idea! And very nicely done. Whether they are pendants or ornaments, they are gorgeous! And so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are gorgeous~ i love them... the silver will subtly pick up the lights on the tree and they will glimmer... really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, believe they were pendants befor reading. These feathers are just gorgeous and so original. Beautiful work with just polymer clay.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pendants.... definitely must do some as pendants. Super sweet and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought they were keyring charms...but all the better for being tree decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely ornaments! Would be so pretty to cover the tree in those wings. Would be as if an Angel placed them there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello :)

    I found your blog via 'Polymer Clay Daily' and I think your work is lovely.

    I've actually I had my first go at making pendants today and I was wondering how thin you make them and if you want them to be ultra thin what would you use to stop them warping until they cool down? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow how lovely. I see some dangly earring in my future. Maybe even with an angel charm. Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the feather design. I'm interested to see where it takes you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i would L.O.V.E. some earrings in that design. if, of course, they weren't too heavy.

    very nice work.

    ReplyDelete