Thursday, January 13, 2011

Road trip

Several days before Christmas I packed the kids and my parents into the van for a long day of fun - shopping at a discount Amish grocery store and my first visit to terrain. Ema served as my official photographer and here is a brief account.


We packed the back of the van with great deals from BB 's Grocery Outlet, headed to lunch at Andrew Wyeth's favorite lunch spot (portobello burger for me) and made it to terrain around 2pm. I had contacted the buyer hoping to meet her but unfortunately she was away. Samuel asked if we should be in stealth mode and I told him 'no' we weren't on an undercover mission... nor was I going to introduce myself. The friendly staff was quite busy, being 4 days out from Christmas.


The store is beautiful and amazingly cohesive, with no detail left to chance - think Anthropologie's earthy big sister with an emphasis on all things garden. I felt like I fit there visually with lots of green, grey and brown, concrete, wood and stone. Still, its a bit surreal.


I was very pleased to find a selection from D. Landreth Heirloom Seed Company for sale. Landreth's is the oldest seed house in America and is located just blocks from my house.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful day! It must have been a thrill to see your pieces in a retail setting, in the sort of environment that complements them perfectly.

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete